Selecting a school for your child is a big step and a family’s choice of an independent special education school program can be a challenging one. At Miriam School, we believe that a strong partnership with our families helps ensure that the best match is made. We make every effort to articulate our vision for education as clearly as possible, so that parents can make an informed decision when considering our school.
Miriam School serves students, pre-K through 8th grade, from more than 60 zip codes in the greater St. Louis area. Our students possess average to above average intelligence, yet may face academic and social challenges because of a learning disability. Students at the Miriam School benefit from our 10:1 student to faculty ratio, welcoming community and multi-grade classrooms.
Miriam School welcomes applicants:
- With diagnosed learning disabilities, attention deficits, speech/language delays, fine/gross motor delays and sensory concerns
- With average to above average cognitive ability as measured by recent testing
- Who would benefit from our small class sizes, personalized learning approach and on-staff therapists
- Who are free of any primary emotional or behavioral concerns
- Who are free of medical diagnoses requiring on-site medical personnel
Although families may feel that Miriam School may be the best place for their student, the student’s profile may not be the best fit for Miriam School. While we understand that students may carry secondary diagnoses in addition to learning differences or attention deficits, Miriam School is not equipped to meet the needs of students with these primary concerns:
- Emotional Disorders
- Intellectual or Cognitive Impairments
- Aggressive Behaviors
- Significant Medical Diagnoses
These primary diagnoses inhibit the implementation of our specialized instruction within the classroom, and affect the learning environment that has been intentionally created through specific programming.
Applicants for admissions are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by existing state or federal law or regulations.
Contact us today to learn more about whether the Miriam School is the right fit for your child.