Miriam School is pleased to offer a supportive, welcoming community for students and their families. Faculty and parents work together to offer programs and experiences for families in order to meet the following goals:
- Provide a variety of opportunities for parents to become involved in the life of the school
- Offer ways in which parents and families can meet and share experiences and knowledge
- Raise funds for the Miriam School Annual Fund
- Support enrichment opportunities for Miriam School students
Miriam School faculty and administration believe that a close partnership between parents and faculty is crucial to our mission to provide the best educational program for our students. Annual parent and family programs and volunteer opportunities include:
- Miriam School Parents Support Group: Led by a licensed counselor, this small support group meets throughout the school year so that school parents can be encouraged and resourced in developing their child
- Parent Advisory Council: Chosen by the Head of School, this parent committee meets quarterly to provide parent feedback regarding organizational and strategic decisions
- Parent Association Meetings: 8:00-8:45am on April 11, 2019
- Miriam Trivia Night: 6:00 – 10:00pm on February 23, 2019
- Annual Spring Picnic: 12:00 – 2:00pm on May 4, 2019
- Miriam Empowers through Education Speaker Series: Public evening and daytime seminars are offered by Miriam Learning Center at a reduced cost to Miriam School parents
These programs are scheduled on a variety of days and evenings throughout the school year, so that they will be available to as many parents as possible. Additional programs may be included as the year progresses.
For information about ways to become involved with parent projects and fulfill volunteer needs, please contact the school office at 314-968-5225.
At Home Learning Resources
At Miriam School we believe that a successful academic program reflects a school philosophy of high expectations for all and a respect for students’ innate desire to learn. Staff are skilled in providing a strong and comprehensive program founded in the acquisition of academic and social skills and practiced within the school setting. Miriam School homework guidelines emphasize the nightly practice of reading, an essential skill that enables students to be successful. Students in the lower and upper primary teams read nightly and students on the middle school team read nightly and also may complete extended learning activities as they connect with classroom learning.
If families are interested in providing students with additional at home learning opportunities, Miriam School staff have compiled the following list of available suggested options:
Khan Academy – www.khanacademy.org
IXL Learning – www.ixl.com
K12 Reader – www.k12reader.com
Wonderopolis – www.wonderopolis.org
ABCYa! – www.abcya.com
Scholastic – www.scholastic.org
Soft Schools – www.softschools.com